Thursday, July 17, 2014

Echo Block #1

Ohio Star





















I'm going to play with a kind of block I call an Echo block. I make an Echo block by combining a traditional block with a smaller version of it to make a new block.



Today I'm using an Ohio Star block. The small version is a quarter of the size of the large block.





The small block is superimposed in the corner of the large block.

The new  block can be made from squares, half-square triangles and quarter-square triangles.



It's easier to see the two stars when the block is colored in.

I tried coloring it several ways and like this version.




Four of the new block rotated make this larger block which I used to make the design at the beginning of this
post.








The block can, of course, be colored other ways and used other ways.






4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Have bought your book, like your playing.
    Erika from Austria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the Ohio Star block used in such a manner on the background of a quilt but was unable to decipher the process needed to do this. Thank You for your very plain explanation.

    ReplyDelete