Friday, May 31, 2013

Ontario Series #1

Toronto


























I wanted to design some blocks that featured some triangles that weren't half-square triangles. I decide they would be my Ontario series and started with this block - Toronto.


Usually my designs are pieced, but I expect this series, like this block, will be paper pieced.





Here are some suggestions of what can be done with this block by asking what if and playing with the colors and setting.





























I seem to be obsessed with stars today. However, as the fourth from last design shows, other things are possible.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting your designs, they are definitely food for thought. There is always more than one way to look at things and you show that beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know why, but this one really does remind me of Toronto! (Well, maybe not the last one.) What a fun choice. Sometimes your work makes me wish I had two houseboys... heehee.

    ReplyDelete