Friday, January 20, 2012

You Can Make

Quarter-Of-Four Block Quilts


























Starting With Job's Troubles Blocks


Job's Troubles is a traditional 4 patch block.

Like all 4 patch blocks it is made from 4 units. All 4 quarters of a Job's Troubles block are the same.





What if you were to play with those quarters?





Instead of making Job's Troubles blocks,you could make all sorts of different blocks. I call these blocks Quarter-of-Four blocks.

I've been playing with the quarter unit from a Job's Troubles block and designed a few Quarter-of-Four quilts I thought you might find interesting.


























Because the quarter unit from a Job's Trouble block is so simple, it easy to design using it. But don't take my word for it; try it yourself.

You might want to look at my other posts that feature Quarter-of-Four blocks.
Clay's Choice
Balkan Puzzle
Storm At Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment