Thursday, November 3, 2011

Try Making White The Feature Color

In  A Block



















Or In A Quilt


This 3x4 block is from three days ago. I'm going to play with it to see if I can make the white stand out. I want the colors to be in the background and the white to be in the foreground.


I need to reduce the amount of white to help make it more important.

What if I color in the diagonals?

This works the white squares are the main design feature.




I like this but it doesn't do what I want it to do. The white is in the background  and the colored areas create the design.
The white is background again.
What if I make the diagonals white again and color in the squares?

The white lightning bolts stand out.

This works.
 And this works.
With a darker background the lightning bolts stand out even more.
No question about it, the white creates the design and the blues form the background.


All these designs are bold and straightforward. I'm wondering if I can't design something a little more intricate, a little more subtle and delicate. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Mmm... if I had somebody to finish my UFOs, somebody to sew my planned projects, and a houseboy to do the rest... I'd say "You're on" --- alas, no one named somebody in this house... and you know the story on the houseboy!

    Enjoying your posts and creativity though!

    ReplyDelete