Monday, April 18, 2011

If You Find Something You Like

Look For More
























Yesterday I designed with these 2 blocks and I liked the results. So why not see what else can be done with them?
What if I the large 6" block is combined with four of the 3" block?

This 9" block results.
This design is made using 4 of the 9" block
This design is made using 2 of the 9" block.
Put the 2 designs together and the result is...
Sun and clouds.
What if the 6" block is combined with five of the 3" block?

This 9" block results.


This design is made by rotating 4 of the new 9" block  around a center point.
Repeating the design 4 times gives this.
This is one way to color this design.
If a different corner of the 9" block is used in the center of rotation, this design appears.


Repeating the design 4 times gives this.
This is one of many ways to color this design.


















Yesterday I found I could do some interesting things using a simple block. Today I played with that simple block again and found even more designs that I liked. Now it's your turn.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the flower designs.
    I like them all, but those are my favorite.
    Thank You for sharing!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee

    Thanks for your comment.

    It's more than 3 weeks since I did the flower designs. Looking at them now it strikes me that the greens are too bold; they stand out too much. They need to be softened so that the flowers can be a stronger focus of attention.

    ReplyDelete