Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Paired Blocks #15

Look 

What Elsie Can Do

With A Drunkard's Path  Block




























This quilt design is by Elsie Montgomery of Elsie Quilts. She calls it Drunken Stars. She saw what I did with Drunkard's Path and Friendship Star blocks and wanted to see what she could do.

"Okay, I had a weak moment… now you have me doing it. I should be finishing a UFO, you know!"

Personally, I don't think it was a weak moment; I think it was an inspired moment. This design provides plenty of opportunity for some interesting quilting or embroidery.

You might want to indulge in your own "weak" moment and see what you can do with a Drunkard's Path block.



In my "weak" moments I've tried combining a Drunkard's Path block with the following simple blocks.

Nine Patch



Friendship Star



Snowball


Shoo Fly





You might want to try using these, or you might want to try something entirely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment