Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hexagonal Blocks


Starting with this ring made of hexagons, what kind of quilt top can I concoct?
What if I surround the green ring with 6 purple ones?

I find this attractive.
What if I add 4 more green rings?

Not only do I like how this looks but it gives me a rectangular design which will be easy to work with.
What if I frame it with brown hexagons?

It needs something more.
What if I add a second frame?

This works better.
What if I add yellow to the center of the rings?

This gives them more life.

What if I even off the edges with a narrow dark brown border and binding?

This is good
What if I change the dark brown edge border to dark purple?

This I like.



For more Hexagonal block designs go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Hexagonal Blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment