Friday, October 22, 2010

Colors

Ohio Star & Sawtooth Star


When I designed this on 17 October 2010, I was pleased. Looking at it now I can see it needs more punch. So I'm going to play with the colors.
What if I put more emphasis on the center by coloring some of the squares green?

This works too well; the diamonds have lost some of their importance.
What if I lose the lighter green squares?

I like this better.  However, the border is lifeless and flat.


What if I color the small diamonds in the border dark green?

The border is better; but I'm still not entirely satisfied with the center.
What if I darken the diamonds so that they stand out more?
What if I slightly darken the browns in the Sawtooth Stars?

This helps tie the central image together.
What if I also use the darker brown for the Sawtooth Star in the very center?

I lose the star in the center but the diamonds near the center are better defined.
What if I use the darker brown around the outside border?

I am happy with this it is much more lively and interesting than it was to start with.











For more color explorations go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on trhe right and click on Colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment