Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blocks

Sawtooth Star

I like to take old blocks, such as this Sawtooth Star block, and change them to make new blocks.
Since the Sawtooth Star block is symmetrical it can be split into 4 identical units. The units can then be reassembled various ways.
Each unit has 4 corners. In the original block the #1 corners are in the center.
What if I reassemble the block so that the #4 corners are in the center?
What if I reassemble the block so that the #3 corners are in the center?
What if I reassemble the block so that the center contains both #2 and #3 corners?
What if I reassemble the block so that the center contains both #1 and #4 corners?

What if I reassemble the block so that the center contains  both #1 and#3 corners?


I won't go through all the possibilities. I think you can see from these examples how easy it is to reconfigure new blocks from old ones.


For more block explorations go to My Post by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment