Saturday, October 9, 2010

Applique

Which-a-ma-call-it Quilt


I want to design a quilt using which-a-ma-call-its from my 2 October 2010 post.

I'll start with this large design in the center.
What if I add circles in the corners?

This feels a bit big and out of proportion to me.
What if I replace the circles with smaller ovals?

There is still a lot of space to fill.
What if I fill the space with more doodads from my which-a-ma-call-it post?

This feels like a collection of uncoordinated items to me.
What if I start over using the same design as I did initially? This time I'll turn it on its side and repeat it.

This fills the space nicely but still needs a little something.
What if I add some very small doodads?

I think this does the trick. And there is plenty of room for some interesting quilting.




For more applique go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Applique.

No comments:

Post a Comment