Thursday, August 12, 2010

On Point

Kansas Star

This on point Kansas Star comes from my 16 May 2010 post. I'm going to play with it again to see if I can create a different quilt top.

What if I start by placing blocks randomly and see what pops up?

The first thing that popped up was this. I see hearts at either end and as negative shapes in the center.

What if I color this red and pink because of the hearts?

This is good.

What if I color the negative heart shapes in the center pink?

To much pink for me. It was lacy, now it's not.

What if I add a border of red and pink diamonds?

These diamonds are not in scale with the rest of the quilt top. They are too big; they are not delicate.

What if I try smaller diamonds?

I'm satisfied. This looks right to me.






For more Kansas Star explorations go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Kansas Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment