Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Off-Center Quilt

Friendship Star


I want to use 6" Friendship Stars to make a 36" x 48" quilt.

What if I create a rectangular box of blue Friendship Stars?

What if I create a smaller box of red Friendship stars, but instead of centering it I nestle it into the upper right corner?


What if I try to create more interest by adding one more star?


What if I change the white background to black? I'll change the magenta star to yellow as well.


What if I go back to the original design and connect the blue Friendship Stars with a band of dark blue?


What if I forget about the band?

What if I put dark blue squares in 2 opposite corners of the blue Friendship Stars and then rotate the blocks?


What if I put dark red squares in 2 opposite corners of the red Friendship Stars and rotate the blocks?

I think this makes an interesting small quilt with lots of room to showcase quilting.





For more Friendship Star ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Friendship Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment