Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Colors

Ohio Star


This quilt design from yesterday's post was intended to be a series of Ohio Star blocks separated by a sashing of alternating white and beige squares. Instead it looks like overlapping Ohio Star blocks and Nine Patch blocks.











What if I emphasize the Nine Patch blocks by adding a lighter beige to them?

What if I make the Ohio Star blocks red and green?











What if I change the bits connecting the stars from white to tan?















What if I color the diamonds in the stars' centers black?















What if I change the bits connecting the stars fron tan to white?




I like all five of these designs; but not enough to want to quilt any of them.








For more playing with color go to My Post by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment