Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blocks

Wonky Shoo Fly

I've been taking traditional blocks, like Shoo Fly, and turning them into wonky blocks by changing the grid.

I've been turning 6" blocks into 10" blocks  by changing a 2, 2, 2 grid into a 2, 3, 5 grid.

What if I make 12" wonky blocks by changing the grid to 2,4,6?

The result looks much the same.

But now I can easily combine 12" blocks with the original 6" blocks to create new patterns.










I've been using grids in which the dimensions increase from left to right and from top to bottom.

What if I scramble the order of the grid dimensions?







I get a whole series of wonky blocks that I can play with to create new designs.

They all have similar characteristics but they are all different.


For more wonky ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Wonky Blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment