Friday, August 27, 2010

Applique

Friendship Star Quilt


Two days ago, 25 August 2010, I designed this quilt top. Now I want to see what happens if I add some applique to it.



But first, I am afraid that the red and bue will overpower anything that I try to applique over them.

What if I trade them for some light browns?


Playing with pieces cut with my Go fabric die cutter, I came up with this. It looks somewhat like a flower.


What if I scatter my new found flowers, so as to cover up some of the white spaces?


What if I change the yellow browns to yellow greens?


What if I change the red browns to greens?

I like all 3 versions but the middle one with the brown and green background is my favorite.







For other designs using Friendship Stars go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Friendship Star.

2 comments: