Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quilting


Starting with this simple stitched pattern, I want to see what kind of quilting pattern I can devise.


What if I put 4 of these together in a circle?


What if I combine 4 of the circles to form a cross?

In the center of the cross is a diamond that is made from 4 of the original simple stitched pattern placed large end together.




What if I use 4 of these diamonds to make a box?

I need to fill the box


What if I place the circle in the center of the box and in the 4 corners as well?

I get a large and attractive diamond.









What if I make a box using 4 of this large diamond and then fill the center and the corners with the cross?



This feels medieval to me and I don't know why. But I find it attractive anyway.

For more quilting ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Looks medievil to me too .... and I like it too, either as a feature or all over design on the right blocks.

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy

    It seems to me that it would be easy to use this on a Nine Patch block. Preferably, a medieval Nine Patch block.

    ReplyDelete