Sunday, June 13, 2010

Playing with Colors

On Point Kansas Star


This is from my 30 May 2010 post. When I made it, I liked it but I wasn't smitten by it. The background pattern competes with the on-point Kansas Star Diamonds.

Both Elsie and Judy left comments as to how I could improve it.


Elsie asked, what if I lighten the background pattern?

The diamonds definitely stand out now this is much better.


What if I increase the contrast by changing the color of the backround pattern?

I think that the light purple works nicely.


Judy asked, what if I add color to the diamonds?

I am going to extend the light purple bands so that they look like they continue behind the diamonds.

It didn't work as I expected. But I'm not giving up on this idea.


What if I use a darker purple inside the diamonds?

The diamonds are more interesting now and they have more structure than before.








For more on-point ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right an click on On Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment