Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Playing with Blocks

Balkan Puzzle


What if I start with a Balkan Puzzle block but try coloring it differently?


What if I reflect this block vertically and horizontally to create a new block?


What if I repeat the new block 4 times to create a pattern?

I like this. When I repeat it I will get long rows of orange. Which is not necessarily a problem. But I would prefer a little more variety, if I can get it.


What if I combine 4 of the block rotated?














Now when I repeat it, it's not as static.




























Normally I prefer a pattern with a strong focus, but I like this overall pattern.

I'm thinking of calling it Peas and Carrots.



For more Balkan Puzzle ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Balkan Puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment