Saturday, May 22, 2010


Playing with Quilting

Card Trick Placemat


This placemat is made using 6 Card Trick blocks.

I am going to experiment with quilting for it.

What if I draw arcs from the center of each block to the 8 corners of the card trick?

This is not enough.

What if I connect the corners with convex arcs?

I like this; it creates a pattern on the card tricks and in the white spaces between them.

What if I change the convex arcs to concave arcs?

I like this too; but the white spaces need some quilting.

What if I fill the white spaces with diamonds?

I've made the diamonds a much lighter color because I don't want them to compete with the quilting on the card tricks.




For more placemat ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Placemat.

No comments:

Post a Comment