Sunday, May 16, 2010

On Point

Kansas Star

I want to make an on point quilt.

What if I start with a Kansas Star and then turn it on point?





 What if I try coloring it differently?


When I put 4 of these together I get this.

This is good but I would like to try something else.


 What if I try another way of coloring it?

When I put 4 of these together I get this.

I need to fit this pattern into a square.


What if I extend the blue bands out until they touch the edge of the square?

The pattern is complete; but it still needs a border.



What if I simply extend the background and then finish the quilt with black binding?

I think that this makes an interesting table topper.









For more on point quilts go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on On Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment