Monday, May 31, 2010










From My Pieced Alphabet:


Capitol Hill


I want to create an alphabet using this 6 x 6 grid. I want it to be simple. And I want it to be heavy.

I'm going to imagine that I have to chisel my letters out of a piece of very hard granite. I want to chisel out just enough to make readable letters.


What if this is my V?

It's readable but it requires too much chiseling.



What if I make the diagonal on the right extremely wide?

I think this will work. To be sure I need to try it out with other letters in a word.








This is readable. The letters are consistant with each other. My V works.

I would classify this alphabet as playful or informal.


For other alphabets go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Lettering.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one. It seems that many quilted letters look contrived but this seems like a natural way to use piecing to make letters. Great job!

    ReplyDelete