Friday, April 9, 2010

Playing with Piecing

Octopus

I must admit I don't find octopi to be the cutest animals.  I thought it would be a challenge to make a quilt block featuring one.
To start I'll show my seam lines in red.

There don't seem to be any really obvious places to locate seam lines.  So I'll simply ask what if and put seam lines here, here,here, and here.
I'll show my next seam lines in blue.

The orange is meant to indicate that the eye will either be stitched or appliqued.
My final seam lines I'll show in green.

I think this is do-able.  There are a couple of places where I'll have to be careful about matching seams.  but for the most part it is simple enough.
There is nothing cuddly about octopi.  But they are interesting.










For more pieced animals go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment