Sunday, March 21, 2010

Playing with Quilting

Broken Dishes Placemat

This 12" x 18" placemat is made from 6 Broken Dishes blocks.  Yesterday I designed quilting for a placemat just like it. Today I want to change it.
Yesterday I quilted a triangular shape, made of three overlapping arcs, in the light half of each half-square triangle.


What if I try the same thing again?  Only this time I'm going to make the arcs much fuller.
My Broken Dishes block now looks like this.
And my placemat looks like this.

I'm using the same basic idea as yesterday, but a small change gives me a very different look.



The quilting for this placemat can be done as a continuous line.

For more placemat ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Placemat

No comments:

Post a Comment