Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Playing with Blocks

Empire Star

Yesterday I showed how Empire Star is made by reflecting this unit. 

The 2 on the left are the mirror image of the 2 on the right and the 2 on the bottom are the mirror image of the two on the top.

I found three new blocks by reflecting the unit differently.


What if, instead of reflecting the unit, I rotate it? What new blocks will I find?

The basic unit is a square that I can rotate around any one of its corners.


What if I rotate the unit around one of the blue corners?
What if I rotate the unit around the other blue corner?
What if I rotate the unit around the white corner?
What if I rotate the unit around the split blue and white corner?



I've created 4 blocks that are new to me. If any of these blocks are not new to you and you can put a name to them, let me know.

For more ideas on playing with blocks go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment