Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Playing with Quilting

Log Cabin Block

Elsie suggested I try quilting log cabin blocks (See 29 January 2010 comments). I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Most often Log Cabin blocks are colored half light and half dark. This creates 2 triangular shapes.
What if I try a triangular motif in each half of a log cabin block?  I'll use a contrasting thread in the light half.
This is okay but not very exciting.  I need to try something else and see if I can't give it a bit more life.
What if I fill the triangular spaces with triangles that emanate from a single point?
This is better, much more interesting.

It makes me think of butterflies.  I think I can see them fluttering.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Wayne, I can definitely see me using the second one! Thanks be to God for your great imagination and helpfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie

    Before you use the second one wait a few days there are a few more ideas coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wayne,
    The second one gets my vote too! Simple, but would be very effective.
    I will try to wait patiently!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy

    While you're waiting for me to design more log cabin quilting, I'm waiting for you to design more log cabin quilts. There's a nice symmetry happening here, quite by accident.

    ReplyDelete